Guidewire Announces Cortina Release Introducing New Integration Framework, Analytics, and Application Services to Accelerate Insurance Innovation
Guidewire | May 12, 2021
P&C insurers trust Guidewire Software to engage, innovate, and expand effectively, and the company today announced the latest release of its market-leading cloud platform. On the 11th and 12th of May, Cortina will be unveiled at Connections Reimagined.
The event-based, API-first Integration Framework from Cortina speeds up the link of Guidewire to other platforms, allowing teams to simplify further workflows and drive creativity. Closed-loop analytics provides specific information during the insurance lifecycle, allowing claims and underwriting experts to make smarter, quicker decisions. Furthermore, platform evolution through Application Services enables developers to experiment and build quicker to keep up with the competition.
Expanded Application Services makes integrations and other InsuranceSuite interactions easier to build and maintain.
• Guidewire Cloud Console—Enhanced tooling to enable IT self-service with provisioning and deployment, as well as database backups and restores. What used to take two people 20 days now takes one person 15 minutes to provision and deploy.
• Guidewire Claims Autopilot**—Cloud-based claims service that allows for an automation-first approach to claims handling, enabling insurers to leverage artificial intelligence, analytics, and digital technologies to deliver better customer experiences, while lowering operating expenses.
Insurers are empowered to make better-informed decisions with closed-loop analytics enabled by Data Studio.
• Closed-loop analytics — A new holistic solution, Initial Segmentation for Auto/Motor Claims in ClaimCenter, improves claims processing efficiency.
• Data Studio — A new data management tool to access, create, and publish business-ready data sets to enable insurers to leverage their data wherever it’s needed.
Integration Framework reduces the complexity of integrations across the P&C lifecycle.
• InsuranceSuite Cloud API expansion—Broader functional coverage enables apps to do more using the APIs. Further improving the Guidewire developer experience, the ClaimCenter API reference is now publicly available for developers.
• Integration Gateway —A new integration service that orchestrates calls to and from InsuranceSuite and third-party applications. Reduced integration complexity enables developers to drive more innovation.
• Application Events — A new integration service enabling developers to easily publish event streams from InsuranceSuite that “push” data and events to external systems. This service automates more processes and enables insurers to create their differentiating ecosystem of connected apps and services.
With twice-yearly launches since the launch of Aspen in May 2020, the organization has been increasing the importance of its platform. Guidewire Cloud is being chosen by insurers to replace self-managed deployments, power greenfield implementations, and transition their core business. Thirty-three Guidewire InsuranceSuite clients have chosen Guidewire Cloud, with 12 now operational.
For the third year in a row, Guidewire was positioned as a Leader in Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Non-Life Insurance Platforms, Europe1. Furthermore, Guidewire was named a Leader in Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America for the sixth time in a row.
For the third year in a row, Guidewire was positioned as a Leader in Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for Non-Life Insurance Platforms, Europe1. Furthermore, Guidewire was named a Leader for the sixth time in a row in Gartner, Inc.'s Magic Quadrant for P&C Core Platforms, North America2 for InsuranceSuite, and a Challenger for the fourth time in the same report for InsuranceNow.
Guidewire is the forum that P&C insurers rely on to effectively participate, evolve, and expand. To offer our platform as a cloud service, we combine digital, central, analytics, and AI. Guidewire is used by over 400 insurers, ranging from start-ups to the world's biggest and most sophisticated.
As a supplier to their clients, they are constantly evolving to support their growth. They are proud of our unmatched implementation track record, with 1,000+ active initiatives supported by the industry's biggest R&D team and partner ecosystem. Hundreds of applications are available in their marketplace to help with integration, localization, and innovation.